Sunday 29 July 2012

Damn Acceptance

Well most of you will not know that around 6 months ago I was diagnosed with Hashimotos which is an auto immune disease. 
My Doctor said I do not need medications as yet so I put my head in the sand and said well if I dont need medication there is nothing wrong with me.
However, over that 6 months I have watched a change, my digestion is gone to crap (pardon the pun), the bloating, heart palpitations, temperature being cold now when I never use and the swings of deep tiredness.
So over this weekend I did some research and realised hello it is all a sign of hashimotos.  So finally I have had to accept there is something wrong with me.
Realising and accepting this lead me to research of the disease and what people have done to ease the symptoms.  I dont want to give into medications and would rather do it naturally as long as possible (Fingers crossed 8am tomorrow I get my blood test results to see if I need medications or not).
The major thing I have seen in my research was controlling it  by diet. 
The most common link is sugar and gluten and cutting that out makes you feel so much better.
So alas I have downloaded the I Quit Sugar book and tomorrow I am buying a book on Paleo lifestyle.
Over the next few weeks, I will be starting to make these changes gradually into my life. 
Thankfully I am on leave for the next 2 weeks so when I go through withdrawals of sugar I will be by myself at the day time and my darling husband will have to put up with the initial effects but I wont endure my poor work mates through the pain.
So wish me luck - and here is to coming out on the other side feeling better!
Happy Hashimotos!
Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment